Thursday, February 4, 2016

Day 25

Feeling good in the final week! Looking forward to the stir fry tonight for dinner. We've made it before and it was pretty yummy! I love snow peas, especially in stir fry, so this recipe is perfect.

Last night after dinner, I had some major weak moments while J was out playing hockey. I was sitting on the couch watching a show and I was literally having a battle inside my head about if I should or shouldn't cheat. Craving chocolate like crazy! At one moment I convinced myself that one little bite or something delicious wouldn't be the end of the world. And then I would talk myself off the ledge. I don't want to lie to people when they ask "did you really not eat any sugar for 30 days, not even a little?!"  This internal struggle went back and forth a few times while watching SVU.

In the end I sort of caved and had a little treat, although a compliant one: 1/2 banana mashed with some almond butter and a dash of raw cacao powder. I've been craving the peanut butter & chocolate combination lately so this was as close as I could get. It pretty much did the trick. I felt good for not caving and eating a candy bar. Baby steps.


Breakfast:
Blueberry tortilla
Apple chicken sausage
Coffee

Lunch:
Leftover turkey meatloaf from last night
Roasted veggies, potatoes & broccoli

Snack:
Coconut chocolate Rx bar

Dinner:
Ginger beef with snow peas & carrots

No comments:

Post a Comment