Saturday, January 16, 2016

Day 6

Started the day with a touch Powerfit Bootcamp workout at 8:00am. We did a round of "death by sandbag burpees" and it was as bad as it sounds. So I was starving by the time I got home. After taking down the outside Christmas lights (finally) we made an awesome breakfast.

Lunch was a quick throw together meal since I was babysitting my niece and she just wanted a snack. Spent the rest of the afternoon/evening at my parents house celebrating my Dad's birthday with family. My mom loves to serve a bunch of appetizers which usually entails some kind of cheese or ranch dip, slices cheese and sausage, apples with caramel dip, wings, etc. Basically nothing I can eat. But she was kind enough to make the whole meal with J and I in mind so it would be compliant and everyone could enjoy. She made the melon wrapped in proscuitto for us and I brought the apple chicken sausage and pineapple skewers which turns out both my niece and very-picky nephew loved!

Dessert was hard. I knew my mom was making a cake so I made some sorbet with mango, pineapple and some coconut milk to bring along so I could enjoy dessert with everyone else. But I'll tell ya, sitting there eating my sorbet while everyone else raved about how good the homemade devils food cake was with cookie and cream ice cream on the side was incredibly hard. I was very tempted to cheat, especially when we were done and it was just me and the cake along in a room together. I was definitely crabby the rest of the night because I wanted some of that cake so bad. But I resisted. I told myself there will be other delicious cakes in the future that I can have. I feel better this morning knowing I stayed strong. Ugh I really wanted some cake though. 23 days to go...



Breakfast:
Scrambled eggs
Bacon
Hashbrowns with onion & pepper
Blackberries

Lunch:
Hard-boiled egg
baby carrots
1/2 apple with almond butter

Snack:
Apple chicken sausage slices with pineapple
Cantelope wrapped prosciutto

Dinner:
Roasted Chicken with potatoes and carrots
Roasted broccoli with lemon and pine nuts
Salad
LaCroix Berry sparkling water
Dessert: mango pineapple sorbet


No comments:

Post a Comment