Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Day 3

I tend to make enough dinner each night to at least have a lunch the next day for J and I. If that's not the case, we usually have some salad ingredients on hand to make a decent salad for lunch.

For the turkey meatballs we had for dinner, I don't really use a recipe. I like to add a bunch of things to the meat to give the meatballs some flavor and because ground turkey can be bland. In this case, I added chopped onion, red bell pepper, green onion, parsley, paprika, dijon mustard (Organicville is a compliant brand) red pepper flake, an egg and S&P.




The sauce is just a jar sauce from Schnucks. Its the only one I can find there that is compliant and doesn't have any sugar, which is usually the issue with most jar pasta sauces. Still tastes really good, I probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference in a taste test.

Here was Day 3:



Breakfast:
Banana
Cashew Butter
Green Tea
Coffee

Lunch:
Leftover Tilapia & Asparagus from Monday night
Cutie (I ate it before I took the picture, oops!)

Snack:
Hard-boiled Egg
Raspberries

Dinner:
Turkey Meatballs, Zoodles (spiralized zucchini) and Marinara Sauce
Raspberries for dessert (not pictured)

No comments:

Post a Comment