Friday, January 15, 2016

Day 5

It's almost the weekend, yay! I'm working from home today which is usually when I would fall victim to all of the temptations in the fridge and pantry, because no one is watching. But I've got a plan for meals and snacks today so I should be able to stay on track. Planning is everything while doing Whole30!

The program doesn't encourage snacking because most of the time it is mindless eating and unhealthy but I don't feel like I can make it through the day without a small afternoon snack, especially on the days I workout in the evening and eat dinner late. But having some go to items ready for snacks or emergencies is a great tactic for Whole30. Some snack items that I usually always have on hand are: cuties, hard-boiled eggs, Rx bars, baby carrots and natural applesauce.

For breakfast today I decided to change it up from having eggs. I made some "chia pudding" last night and put it in the fridge to thicken up overnight. Its very easy to make in my Nutra-Ninja. I made a double batch so I'd have enough for 2 days: 2 bananas, about 1/4-1/2 cup non-fat coconut milk, cinnamon and 4 teaspoons chia seeds. Blend the banana, coconut milk and cinnamon together first until well mixed, then add the chia seeds and blend for just a few more seconds. Pour the mixture into a mason jar and refrigerate. It sort of tastes like banana cinnamon tapioca. Chia seeds are high in fiber and a good source of omega-3s and calcium.



Breakfast:
Chia pudding
cutie
coffee

Lunch:
Leftover Chicken with Mustard Sauce from Wednesday night
Broccoli
Pineapple fruit cup
La Croix Berry sparkling water

Snack:
2 Slices of prosciutto
Apple

Dinner:
Leftover Zoodles, Sauce & Turkey Meatballs from Tuesday night

No comments:

Post a Comment